Just sharing a fairly quick review with you all today. I’ve been so happy with this sunblock since I cracked it open and brought it along with me to Pangkor Island in December.
In fact, I’ve enjoyed using it so much that I’ve been incorporating it into my daily face since.
It’s so easy to apply that I don’t even need a mirror to put it on because it spreads without much effort to a sheer finish and leaves no streaks or white cast.
The Japanese are famed for their good skin and looking younger than their age and I believe a lot of it has to do with maintaining a good sun protection habit as part of their daily skincare and makeup regime.
So, even on days when I don’t put on any makeup I make like the Japanese and never skip the sun protection.
In the long run, I believe it has been the critical difference in ensuring that my skin is looking a tad better for wear than perhaps what I deserve for my *ahem* advancing age and lifestyle.
This Perfect Milk product has an SPF of 50 and a PA ranking of +++ so it has a very adequate level of sun protection against both UVA & UVB rays.
If you would like to to read more about UVB & UVA rays, and SPF/ PA ranking, I do talk about these in a little more depth over at my last sunscreen post – Bioré UV AQUA Rich Watery Essensce SPF50 PA+++ but there are also plenty of articles to Google online where you can read all about SPF and PA rankings if that’s your thing.
The main difference between the Perfect Milk I’m reviewing today and the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is that this product is a sunblock and has waterproof and sweat-resistant properties while the latter is a sunscreen and doesn’t. Both are easy to apply to the skin but I think in comparison – this might have the upper hand.
Both are fine for a walk down a city street but of course, the water and sweat resistant qualities of the Biore UV Perfect Milk had the sporting advantage during my island holiday.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Alcohol, Water, Dimethicone, Lauryl Methacrylate/ Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Styrene/ Stearyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Methicone, Polysilicone-9, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Peg-32, Titanium Dioxide, Peg-3 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica
This Bioré UV Perfect Milk is a slippery, milk-like chemical sunblock that goes on easy unlike traditional cream sunblocks which I struggle to work into the skin.
Despite the thinness of the formula, the Perfect Milk maintained a high level of protection that could withstand the harsh rays at high noon and during water-based activities too.
The fact that it’s not creamy or gel-like at all is really why I like it so much because it feels like silk on the skin.
As you can see, it is very, very runny. So you’ll have to be a little careful and light-handed when dispensing it out of the tube.
- The milky formula is liquid, silky and sinks in like a dream
- Transparent after a light rub, absorbs quickly and leaves no streaks or white cast on the skin unlike many other sunblocks
- Non-sticky & non-greasy and moves with the skin
- Non-irritating. For me anyway. I suffer from eczema and I have no problems with it on my face or body
- Weightless – it’s so lightweight I don’t feel it all on my skin the whole time I have it on.
- Faint scent straight from the tube. It’s a chemical scent that is fresh and not unpleasant that dissipates soon after application
- Feels comfortable under makeup and does not affect the application of any other cosmetic. In fact, it seems to have a skin priming function and I find my foundation products apply more smoothly over it.
- High SPF 50 protection for UVB blocking
- Highest PA ranking possible – PA+++ for UVA blocking
- Waterproof & Sweat-Resistant so it’s suitable for outdoor and sports activities
- Ergonomic and slimline packaging is easy to carry around in a handbag or purse
- Easy to buy – it’s available at leading pharmacies nationwide
- Price. I find it quite a small tube and hence, relatively expensive because there’s only 40ml of runny product for around RM30. For me, this makes it economical for facial application only. I had to rely on my regular, thick cream sunblock for my arms and legs because of this pricing issue. And, it’s so liquid , I feel like I would need to use too much to cover the body so I tend to save it for use on the face
- The very, very runny texture makes dispensing difficult so you have to be careful and measured or it’s possible to waste a fair bit as it literally slips through fingers like water
So, since I don’t fancy looking like a piece of cured leather now…or down the track, I’ve made sun protection my best friend.
I religiously wear a hat when I’m walking down the street, apply a dedicated sunscreen or sunblock daily and, as silly as it looks, even brandish an umbrella as a weapon of choice against the sun and not just rain. I also wear sun protection under makeup even if that cosmetic already has an SPF.
You might say I’m a bit of a fanatic about being anti-sun. I’d like to say that years of this habit has paid off because my skin is, frankly, probably less sun-worn than perhaps it should be for someone of my age.
Do you wear a sunscreen/ sunblock daily? If yes, what are you currently using? I’m always in the market for good anti-sun products and would love to hear about your HG sun products.
At this point, it’s goodnight from me and my last post for January.
Finally, for your viewing pleasure, I leave you with a sunset from the bay at Pangkor…cheers!
- Around Rm30/ 40ml
WHERE TO BUY?
- At leading drugstores nationwide – Watsons, Guardian…
[Notes: Product was purchased by me for personal use. Commentary and opinion is personal. Links are informational and non-affiliate. Images are all by me. Do not reuse without permission and a link back to this ShopGirl blog. ]